HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Get your style on here

We have an old fashioned Andy Griffith-style barber shop in the Center Grove, I guess it's sort of like Mayberry. I was half expecting to see Floyd the Barber when I entered, but I met Joshua Ramos instead. He gave me a little tour. That's Joshua cutting Jared Lorenz's hair. They have been open since October, 1, but I hadn't noticed until the put the barber pole outside. There are a few old-style barber shops in Village West, which I never visited either.

The Detlev Barber Shop is inside the Detlev Salon at 3065 Fuller Street. The Barber Shop itself is right next to Barracuda, so you can enter through a separate entrance without going through the whole salon. It's bright and modern, but gives you that old-time feel. I almost feel like putting some chairs or a bench out front and making it a village hangout.

Joshua told me that all the services are there - hot towel razor shaves, beard trimming, shampoos, cut and dry, etc. They serve water, coffee and tea.

A man's haircut is $45; beard trim is $25; hot shave is $40. "You get your style on here," says Joshua.

To schedule an appointment, please call 305-448-5750.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Been going to Joshua since about a week after they set up and not going anywhere else. Great place!

March 23, 2016 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't be old fashioned for $45.00, Who's got $45.00, for a simple hair cut? Just across US1 on Bird it's $10.00, and I've been going to the same place for 20 years. At times I don't like the cut, but what the heck. This represents a typical problem in the Grove. Commercial rentals are high so everyone in business must charge more for their services.
I wish most entrepreneurials good luck, but I think Joshua might be gone soon.

March 23, 2016 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he offers a $15 deal I would become his regular customer every first week of the month

March 23, 2016 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$45 for a haircut at a barbershop!? More power to them if people are willing to pay, but I had no idea that's the going rate these days.

March 23, 2016 3:09 PM  
Blogger REID PREATT said...

I am the same. I used to go to Bennys on Bird Road. Cost 8 bucks. I sometimes now go to Larrys in South Miami. Cost 12. I cannot imagine paying 45. By the way I dot not blame you for promoting him. Maybe I just I hang out with cheap people because that is a lot. TOO Much To the guy who says it is the going rate "Wake Up"

March 23, 2016 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the young man luck with his business but $45 is way too much to pay for a man's haircut. I've been going to the Barber Shop on Coral Way just west of SW 27th Ave for 15 years. They charge $12 for a haircut.

March 23, 2016 6:45 PM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

Lots of newer barber shops in Miami charge that rate for men's cuts. One thing is a convenience/speed (let me run in and get a quick trim), vs a more in depth experience. If he does a good job and markets well, he can survive there are enough people here who drive to coral gables or wynwood to get a haircut

March 23, 2016 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$15 and a free whiskey at my barber.

tea though... really? at a barber shop?

March 24, 2016 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, been going to Joshua since December and not planing to change that. Nowhere else have I received the treatment I have with Joshua. Indeed a more depth experience.

March 24, 2016 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does the famous Razzle Dazzle charge for a cut? I mean a $45 cut must include happy ending.

March 24, 2016 2:18 PM  
Blogger REID PREATT said...

People do not drive to Wynwood for a haircut. One or two.

March 24, 2016 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$15 and a whisky? Yeah I'm there. Where please.

March 24, 2016 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, for sure, you got the treatment if U paid $45.00. I get precisely, exactly, 100%, same as U 11:19, a hair cut that lasted about 30 minutes. Mr. Ramos may be good, even excellent, perhaps a 9 or 10, but I purchase my clothing at the Red, White & Blue; I buy
$100.00, shirts and $175.00 pants for about 2/3 cents on the dollar. Good luck Mr. Ramos.

March 24, 2016 10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Razzledazzle does a awesome job with a hand massage and a next rub for 30.00

April 01, 2016 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home