HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Christmas gifts are hanging on the wall

art1
I'll have to wait for my Christmas gift from AnnaMaria this year. It's hanging on the wall in Focaccia Rustica (3111 Grand Avenue).

She's been painting in the gallery secretly for weeks, now I see what it was all about.

She made paintings of all her friends and she hung them up as part of the "Breakfast With the Artists" series at Focaccia. So I guess they will be there until this series of paintings is switched out. I'll let you know when the next artist's breakfast is. Maybe people can also have breakfast with the subjects of the paintings, not just the artist this time.

This is me. It's called, "A Little Birdie Told Me," because every time she asks me how I knew something or got a story, that is my reply.

If you have a minute, stop by, you may recognize many Grove characters in the paintings. AnnaMaria knows a lot of characters. That guy in the old fashioned bathing suit is Jerry, her next door neighbor. Next to my own image, I love that one the best.

Usually the art is for sale at Focaccia, but in this case since they are all gifts to the people depicted in them, they are there only to enjoy, but AnnaMaria will easily create a portrait for you -- of yourself or a loved one. While they make great Christmas gifts, they are perfect for birthdays, anniversaries or any occasion really.

You can see AnnaMaria in the mirror and that's Martin pouring the Coke, and all the way in the back is Dominque.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo with the mirror.

Merry Christmas.

December 24, 2008 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopped into Focaccia for last minute things, they are great. Where can I order these personalized
gems from Annamaria ?

December 24, 2008 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home