HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Farewell

Well, this is the last post of the Coconut Grove Grapevine (here's our first post, a bit boring, but the first one of so many on May 8, 2005). And this is one of my favorite pictures, it is with Michelle Niemeyer from one of my favorite moments - when all my friends had a "Gripevine" group in the King Mango Strut in 2009.  There are so many wonderful memories, check out our archives if you get a chance - Coconut Grove for the last 15 years.

I'll still be around on social media and I would love for you to follow:
Facebook: facebook.com/coconutgrovegrapevine/
Twitter: twitter.com/grovegrapevine
Instagram: instagram.com/coconutgrovegrapevine/


A new Coconut Grove blog, now called the Spotlight, should be starting up this week. Hank Resnik is Editor and Publisher. Look for it!

I now do my Tomversation blog here about arts, culture, history, that is still being published. I also do a comic panel called Tomversation.toons at TomFalco.com and one called Ollie and Jacomo at OllieAndJacomo.com.


Thanks for coming back here day after day to read my silly rants. It was a perfect weekend because I saw so many of you at the arts festivals the past few days. I heard nothing but nice things from everyone. The best part of the past 15 years were the people I met. So many of them are friends, friends for life. Thank you.




YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

11 Comments:

Blogger Liz Gibson said...

I was one of the grapes in that King Mango Strut. It has been a pleasure. Hopefully, you will still be around to give your opinion. You can’t be replaced. I’m sure the Voice will be politically correct, but no Grapevine

February 18, 2020 8:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will miss you so much I start every day with the Grapevine.

February 18, 2020 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Fabio said...

thanks again for the great work Tom

February 18, 2020 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Carlos Lopez-Cantera said...

Congrats on a long and illustrious run Tom.

February 18, 2020 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize that for you, the time is right - just know that you will be missed. So often the things that were bugging me (40 years of living in the Grove, lots of things have bugged me) would show up in the Grove Grapevine. We didn't always agree but you always expressed what I consider to be a "considered" opinion. Thank you. Enjoy a little extra time but keep those considered opinions coming - somewhere.

February 18, 2020 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad news! But I will be sure to follow you at the new Coconut Grove Spotlight.

February 18, 2020 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anoyinmouse said...

You made Coconut Grove Great Again and Again for 15 years, good old days, gone now but recorded forever, farewell soldier.

February 18, 2020 4:54 PM  
Blogger Eileen Seitz said...

Tom thanks for all the writing, opinions, truth form your mind that you shared with us.. I loved reading your articles everyday.
will miss these
"Clark Kent"

February 18, 2020 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Karen Deilke said...

Oh. Tom, I will always miss the Grapevine and your comments, I was also one if the ‘grape group’ in that Mano Strut Didn’t we have some great times back then! Your support of the Grove artists and the Drum Circle meant the world to me. Thank you for all the good years. Glad you will still be around and hope to see you at Gifford Lane. Hugs. Karen

February 18, 2020 7:57 PM  
Blogger MPeggyQ said...

Hey Tom... catch you on the flipside! Thanks for all you do, did, and will do! Forward ever, backward never. xoxo

February 19, 2020 5:59 PM  
Blogger Elvis Cruz said...

Tom, thanks for looking after Coconut Grove!

Elvis Cruz

February 21, 2020 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home