HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, October 28, 2019

Zaida Alfaro, the world through her eyes

10 WITH TOM
10 Questions in 10 Minutes

Zaida Alfaro recently had a book signing at the Woman's Club, aside from being an author, she is also a singer/songwriter. "I was recently signed to a record label. My single ‘Serendipity’ will be released globally in November," Zaida told me.


Zaida Alfaro
Zaida was born and raised in Miami. Named after her mother, she remembers sitting on the couch watching her mother’s fingers float gracefully over the piano keys. It was then that her love for music was born. Inspired by artists such as Rob Thomas and Jewel, Zaida’s voice is soothing, yet powerful. She is a storyteller through her songs her passion, ambition and drive to succeed is second to none.

​“Although the journey has been challenging, I will continue to show the people the world through my eyes. My lyrics portray the different journeys my life has taken me through; heartache, hardships, falling in love, and happiness. I want the people to feel what I felt, to see what I have seen and to know what I have learned. I want my music to be the window to my soul for the world to peek in. It is more than just listening to the songs; it is breathing in the words," she says.


I asked Zaida 10 random questions.


TOM: Have you ever been to Serendipity, the restaurant in NYC?
ZAIDA: Visiting Serendipity in NYC is on my bucket list. But that is one of my favorite John Cusack films.


TOM: What was the first thing or first style of music you could/would sing as a child?
ZAIDA: I am the youngest of six, so I would listen and sing to the songs my older sisters would jam out to. Which, back then, it ranged from Donna Summer to Steve B.

TOM: Other than your own songs, what song would you sing for your American Idol audition?

ZAIDA: Zombie by the Cranberries.

TOM: What's the last thing you sang?
ZAIDA: Ophelia by the Lumineers.


TOM: What famous singer/musician, dead or alive, would you want to sing, do a duet with?
ZAIDA: Rob Thomas


TOM: What instruments do you play, if any?
ZAIDA: I play the piano and the guitar. Although, I prefer the guitar over the piano. 


TOM: What would be your dream music venue to perform in?
ZAIDA: Madison Square Garden. 


TOM: Last concert you attended?
ZAIDA: Rob Thomas. 


TOM: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
ZAIDA: On tour, doing what I love, with my family right beside me, enjoying every moment of it. And in between, lounging at a pool, with a good mystery novel in hand, and a refreshing cocktail.


TOM: If could live anywhere in the world for a year, where?
ZAIDA: San Francisco

Thanks, Zaida!

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.