HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, June 21, 2019

Three car break-ins in six months

A reader sent this in, I find it interesting about the locations of the car break-ins and the area where the break-ins did not happen.


"I never really thought I’d be reaching out for such an insignificant issue, but I’ve been a victim now three times of a break-in and I feel this needs to be given more attention. I recently moved to [a condo] on Bird Avenue after my divorce, and have been the victim of a car break-in three times in six months. I lived near CVS on Grand Avenue for five years and never had a single problem, and yet I move into a different gated community, off of a busy road and have suffered a number of great losses. The City is swamped with these kind of things, and cannot provide any real solution, but my fear is that this acceptance will only continue to hurt the Grove."

What do you make of this? Have any of you been the victim of a car break-in recently?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear fellow Grove resident, sorry! No, we haven't been broken into, and there might be a clue in your comment _ "and have suffered a number of GREAT LOSES". For me that translates into big, Big BIG $ loses, perhaps from another condo owner inside those locked gates. I've lived on the same street and in the Grove since 1965 and have made it a point not to leave anything in our vehicles and boats, and purposefully drove older vehicles, leaving doors unlocked to making my property appear not worth the trouble, but did one time, throw a duffle bag full of life preservers, flares, whistle, the safety stuff, up on my roof to dry under the sun & I'll be damned if someone did use a ladder to steal it!? Can you situate a camera? Good luck?

June 21, 2019 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend that lives on Bird but without a gate and his car has been broken into and several of the units in his complex have broken into. It could be construction workers. Don't know.

June 21, 2019 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is common in that area of the grove as well as the north grove - a friend lives on Andros and has had his wife's car broken into several times. I lived on edgewater and would leave my car open all the time with no worries - seems like the south grove has less of these issues compared to the CBD. common sense dictates never leave anything of value in a car. A friend has his gun stolen from a valet once in miami beach and that was a total nightmare to deal with. Dont steal and treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated...and people wonder why they want the grove gentrified.

June 21, 2019 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home