HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Grove resident named Team USA's Tennis Coach at 15th European Games in Budapest

Andrew Harrison who won gold in singles/doubles; Todd Rubinstein; and Harold Rubin who won gold in doubles with Andrew Harrison in Men's 65s Division.

Coconut Grove resident Todd Rubinstein, was named the Team USA Head Tennis Coach for the Open and Masters Divisions at the 15th European Games in Budapest, Hungary. Todd was the Head Tennis Coach for the Grand Masters Division at the 2017 World Maccabiah Games in Israel, his team brought back 7 medals, including 3 Gold.  

Todd is the 2018 USPTA National High School Coach of the Year, 2018 Tennis Industry Magazine's National High School Coach of the Year, 2018 USPTA District 16 (Dade/Broward) Professional of the Year, 2017 Florida High School Coach of the Year, 2016 Wilson 3A High School Tennis Coach of the Year and is a USPTA Elite Professional and Accredited Professional Coach.  

"Going to Budapest as a part of the Team USA delegation to represent my country, my faith, my team and my family is something that is extremely important to me. Not only am I honored, but I'm sincerely humbled," said Todd.

He is also North Miami Beach's Alonzo and Tracy Mourning High's Head Tennis Coach and was Mourning High's 2017 and 2018 Coach of the Year. As Mourning High's Head Tennis Coach, he currently has an overall record of 442-123-2 with 2 State Championships in 5 appearances.  

The Budapest matches will be played at Park Tennis Club in Budapest on European Red Clay against 30 other delegations from around the world from July 29 to July 6, 2019.

"I'm hoping to be able to recreate my first Team USA experience when I was in Israel in 2017, as it was quite possibly the most unbelievable experience of my life! I love what I do as a coach, a teacher and a mentor and being as such, I'm going to give it my all so that my players have the most incredible experience imaginable.  It's all about them and I will do whatever it takes to help all of our Team USA members play and perform at their highest levels possible," he continued. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home