HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, May 09, 2019

The Playhouse issue isn't over yet

I got a call last night about 9 pm, and was told this was off the record - I was told that Mayor Francis Suarez will have the last word regarding the Playhouse. He could overturn Wednesday's City Commission decision regarding the Coconut Grove Playhouse.

I was not going to say anything since this was off the record, but today's Miami Herald is shouting it all over the place, so there you go. Suarez, an ally of Commissioner Key Russell, agrees with the idea of saving the whole Playhouse, so who knows what will happen. But it's an interesting concept to see that this may still be kicking around.


I was a bit irritated when I saw Suarez at Wednesday's meeting, I feel he sticks his nose in where maybe it doesn't belong. I really was not happy when he practically ran that Beckham soccer stadium meeting in July 2018 by jumping up to the podium at the City Commission meeting every five seconds. I didn't think it was his place to be there.

But now I am having second thoughts - about the Playhouse anyway.

It isn't over . . . 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joke. All of these Beckys are complaining about wanting a bigger playhouse but I bet less than 10% of them buy season tickets and pack the house regardless of the size of the theater.

May 09, 2019 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home