HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, February 08, 2019

Getting out of their comfort zones

I was standing on Grand Avenue, when this older couple came over, they said they were visiting and not familiar with the area and then asked me about the subway. I told them that we did not have a subway. They explained they meant for lunch, they wanted to know where the Subway sandwich shop was.

I asked them why they didn't go to Commodore Plaza and have lunch of our many local one-of-a-kind places rather than go to the same old same old that they can eat at when home. Of course they could have been going to Subway for 100 reasons - not having a lot of money, visiting someone who worked there, eating something that agrees with them, meeting a friend, having coupons, eating free because they work for Subway back home, maybe owning a Subway and wanting to see how it was run locally, maybe they were afraid to get out of thei comfort zones, I had a friend like that once, whatever.

Anyway, they said they were going to the Subway after I pointed out where it was and that was that.

A friend who I was with said I would never make it as a Freebee driver, remember when I wanted to do that? Luckily that thought only lasted a couple of days on my head, I'm over that. But I had to agree he was right. I would have picked up the couple at their hotel and when they asked to go to the Subway, I would have said, "No, I'm taking you to a decent place," and I would have taken them to Commodore Plaza, refusing their request for the Subway.

 peacocktee2

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.