HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, December 28, 2018

King Mango Strut is Sunday

This photo popped up the other day as a memory on Facebook. It's nine years ago at the King Mango Strut and it's a good reminder to remind you that the Strut is Sunday, December 30 at 2 pm, in Center Grove.

This was a great Strut year for the Grapevine. This group of friends surprised me and had a group called the Gripevine where they mocked? parodied? the Grapevine. I was so touched when I saw it. Twenty or so friends, all people I know, were part of the group. They had planned this out for a weeks and I'm not sure how I didn't find out ahead of time, AnnaMaria Windisch-Hunt was the brains behind it. I didn't suspect anything and no one said anything so it was a total surprise. It was so great and thoughtful of them all. I remember seeing one person after the other come out "dressed" in purple balloons, it was almost a "this is your life" moment as people popped out. To this day I can't express how touched I was, although by reading the signs here, were they making fun of the Grapevine? Admiring the Grapevine? Honoring the Grapevine? I'm still trying to figure that part out.

The day is captured here in the Grapevine with more pics and a write-up from 2009.


Phil Brown, a talented photographer, did a great slideshow/video of the day which you can see below.


YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home