HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

I'm thinking of applying for a job as a Freebee driver

I'm thinking of applying to be a Freebee driver. I don't know why, I guess it will be fun. I don't want it as a full time job, just maybe a couple of days, or maybe hours a week.

I always thought it would be fun to be a guide on one of the Big Red Buses and also even be a trolley driver. I guess the grass is always greener.

Since I'm not doing it for the money, I think it might be fun. Who knows.

In 2009, we had a Pow Wow in the Grove - it's a sort of travel convention that travels the world. It ended up being a dark and stormy night, you can read about it here. I only bring it up because I was a sort of tour guide on one of the big buses with AnnaMaria Windish-Hunt. We traveled downtown to pick up the guests and it was our job to give them a guided tour on the way back to the Grove. It was fun. We didn't have any guidance or a script or anything but we told them about the places we passed along the way, AnnaMaria and I passed the microphone back and forth and we told the guests what we knew.

One of the most popular locations was the Expo Center, where Regatta Park is now. That's where Burn Notice was being filmed. I remember when I mentioned it to the people on the bus, there was a mad rush to that side of the bus for everyone to crane their necks out to see the studios. It was a fun night in spite of the deluge that overtook the evening.


Another time, in 2010, Glenn Terry and myself were sort of tour guides on a bus with the Alma DDB ad agency. They had invited us to be guides as we toured the Grove. They were just opening their new offices here and they wanted to give their employees a feel for the neighborhood. That was fun, too.

So I'm thinking the Freebee might be fun.



etsystore123

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jack said...

Think you would be good at it. Most of the Freebe Drivers I have come across have been polite, knowledgeable, and fun.

December 26, 2018 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it Tom, must be fun and you will be great at it.

December 26, 2018 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home