HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, May 18, 2018

Clarifying my comments on the BID

Nicole Singletary
I wanted to clarify yesterday's article on the BID.

What I was trying to say is that I felt that Nicole Singletary, the current BID director, was probably the only one I have ever heard from the BID inviting neighbors and residents to be a part of the conversation.

I guess I let the past years and my own personal experiences get the best of me and it got in the way of the message.

Basically, Nicole is being inclusive; in the past it was a closed old boys network, it wasn't supposed to be, but that's what it was.

I like everyone who is associated with the BID now and I was encouraged by Nicole's invitation to residents.

Nicole told me, "Please note residents can be part of the BID Board and Committees. Per our bylaws, the Commissioner has the ability to appoint anyone who lives, works and owns property in Miami-Dade County to the board and committees. In fact, we have residents on both our board and committees."

So that's that.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing. Taxation without representation has not worked for the Grove.

May 22, 2018 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home