HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Asian Thai Kitchen; homemade from scratch

I went to Asian Thai Kitchen yesterday for lunch. I got chicken curry. They have three types.  I go often, but for some reason, I started looking at the photos pasted on the glass case, then I realized they were my photos from a story I did on June 15, 2014, almost four years ago. They had the story and photos hanging up all these years. Here it is again. I went to change the prices in this reprint of the story, thinking they must have changed in all this time, but they are all the same a when originally published.

Tom Yum Gai at left; Green Chicken Curry at right.
It took me awhile, but I finally made it to the Asian Thai Kitchen which is at 3135 Grand Avenue, inside the Kwik Stop. The location inside the store has been a few things from a pizza place to a sandwich shop, but it seems that Asian Thai Kitchen has finally found a home there. I went in once, asking for something quick to go, something I could carry, they looked at me crazy and said, "It's Thai food, you can't carry it like a sandwich."

KT Mongkolthalang and her mother Toya do all the work behind the counter, they create everything from scratch. Toya was a teacher for many years and now she's a restaurant owner. Well sort of, it's really just a take-out at this point. She owns the place and KT came to the US from Hong Kong to help her run it.
They have a very large menu and the thing I like is that my favorite soup is made there, Tom Yum Gai (or Tom Yum Kai, depends on where you are, and yes, I like soups that are named after me). The Tum Yum Gai is only $4 with chicken, $5 with shrimp and there are so many more soups on the menu starting with Veggie Miso at only $3.

There is Thai Beef Jerfy ($7), Beef Satay ($7) Crispy Duck Curry ($18), Red Chicken Curry ($11), Green Chicken Curry ($12) and Pad Thai and so much more, as I said, the menu is quite large. Have them fax or email one over to you.

They deliver for a fee of $3 if you're in the Grove. It's best to call ahead (305-323-9294) as the wait could be quite long since they do it all from scratch. You can email them atasianthaikitchen@yahoo.com, too.

Their hours are Tuesday thru Thursday, 11:30 am to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday from 11:30 am to 10:30 pm; Sunday noon to 10:30 pm; closed Monday.

They have the pink bicycle right against the counter. I've only seen them deliver in a little car, but the bike would be cool for deliveries, too.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home