HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Village Council Candidates Forum - Sacha DuBéarn

Nine seats are up for election on November 7, for the Coconut Grove Village Council. 15 people are running for the nine seats. The Grapevine is giving candidates a chance to tell their story as to why they deserve your vote.  We have asked all the candidates the same five questions and we'll post the results here as they come in. 

Sacha DuBéarn

GRAPEVINE: Why do you feel you would be a good Village Council Member?

Sacha DuBéarn
SACHA: As a longtime Coconut Grove resident, I feel it is my duty to get involved with our community. I want to see Coconut Grove’s residents safe and happy, and our local commerce prosper. I have been involved with our Coconut Grove Elementary School and our Museum of Science for years and I want to use my knowledge and love for our village to benefit the Village Council.

G: What would you like to accomplish during your time on the Council? Objectives? Projects?

S: I definitely want to focus on our parks. We have some of the most beautiful and most conveniently-placed parks in all of Miami, and we deserve to take care of them. I will be seeking grants from the private and public sectors to make sure our parks are always kept clean. As a Councilman, I will also seek to work with local and company officials to bury the FPL lines across the Grove. 

G: What is your favorite part of Coconut Grove?

S: If you mean geographically, I’ll be biased and say that I love my North Grove neighborhood, where I’ve lived in the same home since 1998. But to be honest, I don’t like to make preferences. Every neighborhood has its charm, from the cultural heritage of the West to the green of South Grove. 

G: What is your least favorite part of Coconut Grove?

S: I will have to say that the lack or poor condition of our sidewalks is my least favorite part of our village. We need to have better sidewalks and if residents want them, we need to put sidewalks in those neighborhoods that lack them.

G: How long have you lived in the Grove? Where are you from? What drew you here?

S: Although of French descent, I moved to Florida in 1994 and to the Grove in 1998. The charm, the beauty, the nature, the diversity, and the friendliness of Coconut Grove made our family fall in love with the village since the first day.

=====

As these forums come in, they will be all listed here for you to see.

VC-Candidates-2017

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home