HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, September 15, 2017

I went out foraging for gas and pastrami

I went out early today to forage for gas. I left before dawn, hoping to find a gas station that had gas and didn't have long lines. I figured I would make a circle, start at El Carajo at 17th and US1, then check Coral Way and come back to the Grove and check the gas stations around here.

Well, I got lucky. About 6:45, I got to El Carajo and it was empty. Dead. I thought they didn't have gas, but the gas tanks weren't covered up or blocked, so I drove in and low and behold, there was gas, lots of it. All mine!

I proceeded to fill the car and douse it all over me. Well, I only filled the car, but now I feel good for the weekend.

I headed right to The Grove Spot to get my daily pastrami sandwich, but they were not open yet. For a person who tries to be vegetarian, I have eaten a lot of pastrami lately.

I headed over to Starbucks and got an iced coffee, no milk, but good news, they do have milk today.


Drove around a bit, took some photos at the waterfront and came home. I'll look for that pastrami sandwich again in a bit.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.