HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

She would have loved the old Grove

This ran on July 27, 2012. I thought of it when I wrote the blurb about Le Bouchon du Grove yesterday, I guess because I like this photo, it reminded me of this story. What's interesting is that in the five years that this ran, there have been so many changes. But it's just a beautiful story, no matter what year it was written.

This is a comment someone left yesterday (July 26, 2012), I thought it was so beautiful I'm posting it here. It was an anonymous comment. I wish she had signed her name:

grove 

I was turning 50. In over 20 years, I hadn't taken a trip without my husband or children. I had been watching and loving Burn Notice for sometime. But, what impressed me was the Grove. The images of the neighborhood, the people were so attractive. During the winter before my trip, I planned my "escape." I researched the different areas of Miami. I worked an another job to earn the money to pay for the trip. And I dreamed of the time I would have.

Finally, I got there. And it was more than I hoped. I stayed at the Mutiny. It was lovely. The people took care of me. At night, I would walk around the Expo Center. I would watch the boats and sometimes get a glimpse of the show. I never intruded. It wasn't my style. I kinda wish it had been. I ate at Monty's. I loved the Chart House. I think I gained ten pounds in the Grove alone. I went to Cutler Bay. I visited the University of Miami. I walked the beach. And I walked around the Grove. I had Cuban coffee at the Grove Book Store and the Green Street Cafe. I saw Coby Bell eat at the Jaguar. And all the time, I listened and watched this part of Miami It became a "heart home."


One thing I understood was why Burn Notice was perfect for the Grove and the Grove was perfect for Burn Notice. It was a small corner of the Miami World filled with color and life. It was tucked away among brighter lights and made it's own music. It wasn't the same as the other, bigger places. Yet, it had a flavor and style and flow. Like Burn Notice.


Burn Notice will go on no matter what happens. So will the Grove. But, sometimes you just want to live in the magic.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Thank you for sharing again. I was a big fan of Burn Notice and I am still a big fan of the Grove but with all the high rise condo's and trees coming down it is loosing some of it's charm.

August 22, 2017 8:23 AM  

<< Home