HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, April 28, 2017

A shake and a burger

Vicky's House Milkshake Bar is part of LoKal on Commodore Plaza. Here's our story on Vicky's House done a month ago.

Here's the Golden Girls shake. Wonder how many calories that thing is? A friend brought up a funny thing to me, it's this high calorie shake at LoKal (low cal, get it)? My favorite thing at LoKal is the Classic burger with the lettuce leaves as the bun. It's light and delicious. Imagine washing it down with this!



I love how they do the lettuce for the bun thing. I have had it at other places, but they can't match the heftiness of the lettuce and the crispiness. It's perfect.

This shake her looks delish, but I would make one change. I would get rid of all that stuff on the top and just have the vanilla shake, but I would add some chocolate syrup and make it a chocolate shake, sort of Mr. Softee-style. I know these shakes are the thing now, you see them all over, but I just like it simple and smooth. But is that a Twinkie on the top? I might keep that part. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Kunz said...

Ahhh the delight brought by a simple shake. Perfect. Then there's ice cream. Go to Fresh Market or Milams. Out of 50 flavores 40 have chocolate chips. Bourbon Pecan cho chip, coconut chochip, black raspberry chocchip cho chip in your.coffee ,vanilla, in your cho chip with cho chip.! I love chocolate but I don't put it in my eggs or carrots. Truly try and find mango or coconut or rum raisin without cho chips.

April 28, 2017 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$11 and up for a shake are you out of your mind

April 29, 2017 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get three or four desserts as part of the shake. You get your shake, you get your twinkie, you get your cereal, you get your candy, etc.......

April 29, 2017 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tourists will love it and not mind the exorbitant prices. Locals, not so much! Most restaurants make their money in the season but they still need local patronage if they wish to stay in business.

April 29, 2017 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home