HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, March 13, 2017

Some things just never change

Someone sent me a copy of the old Grapevine, Coconut Grove's newspaper in the early 1980s. I always love seeing the Grapevine because I literally put this newspaper together. I typeset it and laid it out. I worked part time for Community Newspapers when I was in school and the Grapevine was one of their clients. We typeset it, laid it out and printed it. Grovites like Glenn Terry and Jack King wrote for the newspaper. It's of course, where I got the name for this Grapevine. If you click on these images, they will open larger and you can read them.
Anyway, if you read the articles, you'll see that they had the same complaints over 30 years ago - over-development, tree canopy issues, changes in the village that would make it un-village-like.


YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.