HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, February 18, 2017

It's Arts Festival weekend in Coconut Grove!


I've been coming to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival since I'm a kid, since 1973, I think. The festival was 10 years old then! It's 54 years old now. I remember when it used to be up and down Main Highway and Commodore Plaza, then little by little, it moved down to South Bayshore Drive.

I shared this live yesterday on Facebook and I shared another live video where I mention that one of the most fun things is Friday afternoon when the show is setting up. I ran into a friend, you'll see at the end of this video and as we were talking (not on video), he said that the Friday of the Arts Festival, when they are setting up is like Christmas Eve to him. I told him I said almost the same earlier, there's something so exciting about the set up and the anticipation. Yes, traffic is a bitch, but it's a great weekend for Coconut Grove.

This video is the St. Stephen's show set up. I have the other Coconut Grove Arts Festival show set up on Facebook, too. I'm sorry about the bounciness, I seem to bounce as I walk. I'll try not to do that this weekend.

I'll be posting some live events today and tomorrow on Facebook. You can follow along here https://www.facebook.com/coconutgrovegrapevine

I'll try to interview artists, things and people live.

The Coconut Grove Arts Festival and the St. Stephen's Art Show are all weekend and Monday - 10 am to 6 pm daily - February 18 to 20. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.