HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, November 06, 2016

There was too much to do on Saturday night

There was so much going on in the Grove on Saturday night for FAM Night (Fashion, Art and Music), I was confused about where to go and what to do. It reminded me of our old Gallery Walks. 

I spent a lot of Saturday on Commodore Plaza, it started with breakfast at 8 am at Greenstreet, then dinner at Farenelli1937 (almost went to George's, but may go back there on Wednesday night), then Bianco Gelato, which by the way, was sold, Federico still makes the Gelato, but someone else owns the place.


In between I checked out the new Atchana's restaurant on the corner of Commodore and Grand. It's not open for business yet, but there was a preview thing going on Saturday night. It's amazing what they did with that space. 

I then spent time above Atchana's at FrameWorks, which is the Williams McCall Gallery, where Mano's art was on display. Beautiful pieces as you can see here. FrameWorks is expanding their South Miami location, making it 10,000 square feet larger, according to Claire Lardner, co-owner with Cris Sweeny. She was proud to tell me that they started from scratch and now employ 20 people and in the next few years will hire 10 more. And the best part is that they own the building on Commodore Plaza, having recently purchased it after renting for so many years. 

I spent so much time on Commodore, that I didn't spend much time at all the other venues. The Coconut Grove Arts Festival was crowded with all the Watercolor Society painters and right outside in the Arcade was a reception for the Miami Short Film Festival.

I tried to get in on the Scavenger Hunt, which started at 6 pm, but I missed it. I got there early, but didn't see anyone. I was told later that 80 people participated! It reminds me of the old Coconut Hunts, remember those?


The Grove Gallery & Interiors was packed (I'll post pictures when I have them ready), the parking lot was all lit up and there was catering and tables all around. Very beautiful event.

The Sonesta was great with the lobby turned into an art gallery and I saw my friend Nicky Prince next to Vino's in the Grove, doing her Tarot card reading. Vino's always has a party going on.

CocoWalk, shown here, had vendors set up out front and the Grove was quite lively. All the restaurants were full and it reminded me of just a few years ago when we did Gallery Walk right. Apparently FAM Night is being done right now, too. The next one is Saturday, December 3; always the First Saturday of the Month. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.