Grove 2030 Forum at Vizcaya Garage
Grove 2030 is having a community forum on Saturday, November 12 from 9 to 11:30 am. It's called, the "Pathways to Self Governance."
This is a community conversation on how to achieve the Grove 2030 Goal: "By the year 2030 Coconut Grove will govern its own municipal affairs."
Moderated by Katy Sorenson, former Miami-Dade County commissioner and founder of the Good Government Initiative at the University of Miami, questions addressed by our panelists will include:
* How and why did Coconut Grove lose (and never recover) its municipal independence?
* What is the legal process for Coconut Grove’s de-annexation (secession) from the City of Miami and for its incorporation as an independent municipality?
* What political and financial obstacles stand in the way of Coconut Grove’s de-annexation and incorporation?
* Is municipal autonomy, or independence, within Coconut Grove necessary for its self-governance?
* Can citizen engagement -- within our existing governmental structure -- be harnessed to shape and administer policy making within Coconut Grove?
The event is at the Vizcaya Garage, 3250 South Miami Avenue. Tickets are free, but limited. Get yours here, now.
YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.