HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Taking your life in your hands when you drive

Yesterday afternoon, this guy comes barreling out of Burger King on SW 27 Avenue and almost hits me. I was driving on SW 27th and had the right of way. This moron apparently thinks that the traffic coming from Burger King has the right of way and that the oncoming traffic at 40 or so miles per hour should stop for him. I know he didn't do it on error, because he proceeded to yell at me, throw his hands around and act as if he was right. This is how people drive in Miami, and Coconut Grove I am particularly familiar with since I mostly drive around here.

Tigertail Avenue is the worst. People who live in the North Grove are terrible drivers. Sorry guys, but nine out of 10 of you shoot through or almost shoot through the stop signs on the corner. People come barreling out of theses streets as if they are the president or something - Washington, Jefferson, Calusa, Lucaya . . . every day of the week. They either don't realize that there are stop signs at the end of their streets or they want to make two wheel turns when they reach the end of the street. But driving on Tigertail has gotten worse.

My cousin pointed out to me years ago how we tailgate in Miami and I don't mean partying at the Hard Rock Stadium. People practically drive right up on your ass; even at 7 am in the morning. I can't tell you how many times there are only two cars on the road, me and the jerk behind me at 7 am on a weekend morning, and they feel the need to speed, but don't want to pass, so they ride my tail the whole way on South Bayshore Drive.

I sometimes am so hesitant to turn into my own street on most days because invariably there is a car on top of me, speeding and ready to smash into me, rather than let me slow down to turn, I guess that's where these Tigertail two wheel turns come in. One time a bicyclist hit me in the back of the car because I stopped completely to let him pass, only he didn't pass, he hit me! Then he cursed me out.

I am not a beeper, I never beep anyone, I think because I'm sure I'm guilty of this South Florida car culture and I always think that what they did to cause me to want to beep is something I have done myself. So I don't beep. I just drive cautiously. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home