HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, August 12, 2016

She paints the water and a taste of the tropics

10 With Tom
10 questions in 10 minutes

Coconut Grove artist Lisa Remeny is part of the fabric of Coconut Grove. Her work is well known and has been shown all over the Grove and all over the county. I asked Lisa my 10 With Tom questions. Here they are:



Tom: What are three things you love about Coconut Grove.
Lisa: The trees in my neighborhood. The close proximity to the water. My old house. Even if it does always have its hand out!

Tom: Where could you live if you didn't live in Coconut Grove?
Lisa: In Miami area? I guess the Redland. If I left Miami though, it would be to go back to rural, coastal Jamaica, my second home.

Tom: What are you working on now?
Lisa: This enormous canvas for my dear friend: former long time resident of Coconut Grove, Elizabeth du Fresne. She's now living in Santa Monica and wanted a taste of the tropics to remind her of her last beloved home.


Tom: Starry Night, Mona Lisa or Les Demoiselles d'Avignon by Picasso?
Lisa: Starry Night.

Tom: Would you ever consider hanging a piece or two upside down to get people's reactions?
Lisa: I've done it. Sometimes people don't even notice.

Tom: Other than yourself, your favorite artist?
Lisa: There are many that I love. Julio Larraz, David Hockney, Paul Klee, Paul Gauguin, Maxfield Parrish, and Diego Rivera to name a few.


Lisa Remeny
Tom: Favorite tv character from a show present or from the past -
Lisa: The Professor on Gilligan's Island. I'm a sucker for a handsome face.

Tom: What scares you the most, and why?
Lisa: Not much. I guess I wouldn't like to lose my ability to see and paint. For obvious reasons.

Tom: Seen anything weird lately?
Lisa: All the time.

Tom:Tell me about someone you really admire?
Lisa: My father. He was a no nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is, wizard, who could build or fix anything. He passed a long time ago but I still think of him every day.

Thanks, Lisa!

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home