HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

New Sandbar Grill in Key West

Did you know that there is a Sandbar Grill in Key West? Yup, Albert Borrero opened one on Greene Street, across from Sloppy Joe's. Great location.

Which reminds me of a couple of funny things.

First, It's on Greene Street, not GreenStreet which we all know as the restaurant on Commodore Plaza and Main Highway, but over the years, people have thought that we had a Green Street in Coconut Grove. I've told people to meet me at Green Street and they got lost looking for an actual street called Green.

Secondly, I've had this experience more than once in my life where I'm in one city and I think I'm in another city. No, I'm not drunk, just in another world in my mind, I guess.

A few weeks ago, I was in New Orleans and as I came to a corner in the French Quarter, for some reason, I thought I was outside Sloppy Joe's on the Greene Street side. I thought to myself, "Oh yea, the new Sandbar is across the street, let me go over and say hello to Al." And I proceeded to look for the Sandbar thinking I was in Key West and not in New Orleans.

I snapped out of it right away, but it's an odd feeling, almost like being transported or time travel.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the restrooms are cleaner than the ones in the Grove!

April 19, 2016 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who experience such time travel. It's an very odd sensation to find yourself having to shake your head literally, to re-focus time and space. It happens to me a lot.

April 20, 2016 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home