'Spirit of the Grove' bike event is Saturday
The Coconut Grove event, titled “Spirit of the Grove,” will take place on the plaza adjacent to 27th Avenue. Bike the Underline will link three Metrorail stations—Brickell, Coconut Grove, and South Miami.
Working with a variety of Coconut Grove partners including the Mango Republic, the Coconut Grove Business Improvement District, the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce, the Coconut Grove Village Council, and Grove 2030, Bike Coconut Grove will offer a varied menu of activities that embody the “Spirit of the Grove” theme. They include:
· Guided “Safe Routes to Transit” bike rides beginning at the Bookstore in the Grove (3390 Mary St.) at 9, 10, and 11 a.m. Riders who show their bike helmets before leaving on the ride will earn a 10% discount on food at the Bookstore.
· Live performances by the Memphis Kelly Band, a group based in Coconut Grove.
· Participatory Action Painting on a giant canvas.
· Bike decorating with boxes of supplies and trinkets to make your bike even more beautiful.
· Bike-generated smoothies—Bike Coconut Grove has purchased the only pedal-powered smoothie machine in Miami, and this will be its first use. Click here to view a demonstration of the machine.
· The Slowest Bike Race—winners are those who come in last without ever stopping.
· Teeny Weeny Sailboat Races in a miniature Biscayne Bay.
· Conversations with the Grove’s Last Hippie.
YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.