HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, January 10, 2016

What is this orb-like thing in the bay?



I would like your opinion on this. On Friday morning, at sunrise, I took this video. I took about 12 of the same thing in about a 15 minute time period and in almost every one of the videos, you can see this thing floating around. See it? I do have some videos without the thing in it and I have many where it is seen over the trees and into the sky. The reason I say this is because one friend says it has something to do with drainage going into the water and that is the reflection of it bubbling up or something, but if that is the case, then it would not be on top or against the palm fronds or up in the sky, above the water horizon, which I do have on other videos.


At first I thought it was a bird since you can hear birds in the background, but I was showing the video to someone and they said, "Look, it's an orb!" But it's not exactly an orb, it is flat, as you can see by the images below, I screen captured them from the top video.

Now if you look at the second video here, that I took about the same time, there is nothing.


About eight years ago, I took a photo of the sunset over the Grove Isle bridge and it has a lot of orbs all around it. I assumed it was just dampness on the camera lens or something, but at the same moment I took the sunset, my next door neighbor coincidentally took the same photo from her balcony and we both posted the sunset images on Facebook and she had the same orbs in her photo from her camera.

Anyone have an explanation? Mine is that they are Tequesta Indian souls in the bay, which is quite old and that it is common to get orbs when taking photos, only I've never taken videos before so I've never seen the moving orb before.

If you can save and enlarge the video and see it better, let me know what you think. Someone said it was a drone, but it moves too fast, up and down and around, to be a drone, I think.





YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Robert Sullivan said...

That is definitely lens flare. The light from the sun is reflecting off of the inside of your lens. You will notice that while it looks like you are following the "object", your movement of the camera is actually what is causing the change in location of where this lens flare hits your sensor so it appears that the orb is moving.

Definitely not Tequesta Indian souls. ;)

January 10, 2016 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are just Underwater UFO's. They've struck a solid alliance with Poseidon in South Fla.

January 10, 2016 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been next to or on the water at least 35% of 73 years. I don't find this odd at all. Just last week I heard fish splashing about by some predator, about 200 yards away and next to this was an unidentifiable object; looked like a turtle. It was a piece of plywood. In your pictures this could easily be a piece of debris, a balloon comes to mind from a cruise ship or a pool float partially deflated, adrift from some sand bar party. This lighter green is possibly slightly underwater with the darker green being above the water line. Over the years I have been attracted to several hundred of such objects because some have turned out to be worth a handsome sum so I always look! I'm now a beach comber between Miami & Key West and the swamps are loaded with, literally, millions of objects that have drifted in from all over the world. Jobie Steppe

January 10, 2016 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I with Robert at 9:32. Definitely a lens flare. Remember you are shooting into the sun and you will get some reflection. As he point out, it moves up as you tilt up and down as you tilt down. If you were on a tripod it wouldn't be moving like that. Unless..... :-o

January 10, 2016 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one would like to welcome our new alien overlords, and pledge my allegiance to these orbs.

I'm totally on your side if you're reading this alien orb people.

January 11, 2016 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Charles Corda said...

Looks like lens flair BUT..it could be dead pixels on your sensor..Most Digital cameras have a few..The bright light from looking directly into the sun makes them evident..

January 15, 2016 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home