HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, July 19, 2015

She's in the running for 'Fool of the Year'

My mailman is off this week so there is a fill in. It's a lady with severe mental problems and if she gets one more thing wrong I am going to plaster her photo here and label it, "Fool of the Year."

This week, all this happened:

Yesterday, I received mail for three other neighbors. So in my mailbox was mail for four addresses. I wonder if some of my mail made it to other mailboxes.

Earlier in the week, I was expecting a birthday gift I ordered for someone. I tracked it on Amazon and was told they didn't have the correct address. I called the Coconut Grove Post Office and the guy there says, "Oh yea, it's here, there is a fill in this week, she'll deliver it tomorrow." 
In other words, she didn't want to deliver the small package that fits in the mailbox, so she marked it "address unknown."

Earlier in the week, I received an email and a text from AT&T claiming that they did not have my correct address, their bills were being returned. I spent a half hour or more on the phone with AT&T and then another half hour or more with ATT Uverse. All was fine, they had the correct address, but I'm guessing this fool again, did not feel like delivering the mail so she marked my stuff, "address unknown" and sent it back.

I was out of town for  a couple of weeks. I had the post office hold my mail. I've never done this before because usually a neighbor takes in the mail, but I had the post office hold it this time. It took three days for the post office to deliver the mail after I returned, because of the same reason, "there's a fill in." When is my regular mailman coming back?


I'm wondering what else I'm missing. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said to me by a postal employee at the local station after I started inquiring about the whereabouts of my mail (I'd had no first class mail for 10 days): "We aren't responsible for the mail".

Uhm okay. That does explain it all.

July 19, 2015 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised someone answered the phone at the post office. In all my years dealing with the USPS, I've never had someone at a local post office answer.

July 19, 2015 3:58 PM  
Anonymous gw said...

I am sorry to hear this. I have a home in Illinois and in Pinecrest. I am a princess of on-line shopping and nowadays both UPS and Fedex have the USPS deliver for them.

I have wonderful service in both places with no problems. And all held mail has been delivered on the date requested.
Sorry to hear that you are having all this trouble. It sounds like one really bad fill-in.

July 19, 2015 4:25 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

At the CGPO this week, the gal at the desk told me my mother was a fool & hadn't taught me how to correctly address a package. Words were exchanged, as you can imagine. She ripped the stamp off my package and told me to go elsewhere. I was happy to do so. A crowd followed me outside to relate similar experiences.

July 19, 2015 6:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Years ago it was a standard joke that the Grove Post Office was really bad That stopped a while back and now I have no trouble with
My mail delivery. The fill in lady is even nicer than the regular guy. She goes out of her way to say hi and never makes a mistake as far as I know. Hope I am right Have you reported your bad service ? I would suggest that you do. If someone told me my mother was a fool, I wouldn't let it go

July 19, 2015 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had a fill last december. Messed up a jewelry return. zero help from USPS @ Coconut Grove 33133. filed a dispute that went on for 6 months. after all the paperwork which is like going thru immigration, they told me i omitted something in step one at the local level. bottom line…they're not responsible for the mail. Who'da guess that? The only reason i didn't "go postal" was because it was an AX charge and AX covered the loss. It's a cretin's world out there and level of service is getting more and more unbelievable everyday.

July 19, 2015 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I get one of those packages that is supposed to go from UPS to the main post office, then be delivered by local USPS I have problems. It will take 1 day on UPS to get to Miami from anywhere in the country, then 6 days to get from the main PO to the Grove PO, then to my door. The Grove PO always blames the main PO but the tracking always says it is at the Grove PO. I swear they have a big cardboard box with stuff they don't want to deliver because it came from UPS.

July 19, 2015 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I trust your stories are true. It is a truly complicated set of a truly overly complicated over-populated worldly world true life stories. Remember - - - - years ago folks had many, many children, who were insurance policies for old age. Today we have insurance polices that modern citizens pay into to replace the children we bear. However, we are now at 7,500,000.000, world citizens and climbing. I.E., the U.S. Postal Service is extremely par for their service. Jobie Steppe

July 19, 2015 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighborhood had a different delivery person every day for over a year. Everyone got the wrong mail every day. A few of us kept calling the CGPO to complain and nothing ever changed. Finally, I got so upset that I went on the website for the National USPS site in Washington DC and filed a complaint. Guess what? They never replied but instead forwarded my email to the Director of the Coconut Grove Post Office! Ha Ha! Needless to say that taught me the true meaning of "a waste of my time".

July 20, 2015 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home