HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, July 11, 2015

I hate to bring up the subject again . . .

I've been bombarded by everyone it seems about my remarks about the Sailing Club. First off, I was talking about the club itself, not the members, I don't know who the members are. I noticed this past week that as part of the BID's newsletter, there was an invitation to an event at the Sailing Club, some sort of dance, I believe; $35 a ticket. I'm assuming that the event should not have run as the Sailing Club is private, but maybe it isn't and maybe the public is invited. Who knows? That was my point, they are sort of schizophrenic there when it comes to events.

I really never heard anyone really talk about the Sailing Club before. I didn't realize it was so loved. I've only been there for meetings for the Village Council and Village of Center Grove.

I was snubbed by a friend this week at The Fresh Market, I assumed he was a member of the club.

This morning at breakfast, I was called out by a couple of friends there, one suggested that I hear from the Sailing Club, you know, get their side of the story, about "how great they are." His words, not mine.


So if anyone from the Sailing Club would like to send in a little story or report on what they do to give back to the community, I will be more than happy to run it. And maybe it should be something other than "they host the Village Council or Village of Center Grove." When you cannot buy a coke during the meetings, that's not what I consider "hosting people."


Comments are off for this story. I'm not into hearing all the complaints again. I got your point the first time.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.