HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Candidates need to get out and get votes

I had a friend complaining to me the other night about the Grove and Commissioner Sarnoff, she went on and on about all that's wrong with Coconut Grove and how Sarnoff ruined it in so many ways. I asked her if she was going to vote for Teresa Sarnoff in the November election. She said, "I think so, I'm not sure."

I asked her why, and she said because that's the only person she knows. So she will get four or eight more years of the same simply because of name recognition. She told me she didn't have a clue about any of the other candidates. So I'm thinking the candidates have their work cut out for them.

She isn't the type of person to go to park picnics or Village Council meetings, so the candidates need to figure out how to meet and persuade people like my friend who I think are the majority of the voters. I've found it quiet on the campaign front, not much going on. Maybe they are just waiting until after summer to start pushing the vote.


This whole thing with the Sarnoffs is so mortifying. I'm picturing an editorial cartoon now, of Sarnoff with bloody fingers grabbing on to City Hall, not wanting to leave, as people drag him out. I've heard that Teresa has hired a major fundraiser used by Mayor Carlos Gimenez. They need more funds? 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Blogger ArthurG said...

Could the Grapevine consider video responses from each candidate on a variety of questions? Must be some way to leverage technology. I'm just looking for someone who isn't a thief or a crazy person. (Should raise my standards, I guess.)

May 19, 2015 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most politicians enjoy holding office because of the ability it gives them to influence important events. If they lose an election they usually know they will still have influence in their "after life." But Sarnoff is frantic to hold on to his office by proxy because ...while he is many things.... he is NOT stupid and he KNOWS he has fouled his nest so badly that if he ever has to become a "civilian" again he will have absolutely no future in Miami. No friends. No influence. No nothing. I have never seen a politician so totally alienate everyone and ruin everything they touched. It's Sarnoff's version of the Midas Touch..everything he touches turns to sh*it.

May 19, 2015 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense, but people like your shouldn't vote. If you're not informed about the candidates or issues up for vote, don't vote!

May 19, 2015 3:48 PM  
Anonymous al crespo said...


Tom,

Here is the link to the video of the Grove Isle Candidate's Meeting that occurred last month. All of the candidates, except for Teresa Sarnoff attended and answered questions. It's a good start for those really interested in finding out about the candidates.

Al Crespo

https://youtu.be/9FcGgUIEJK8

May 19, 2015 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One question they should all address:

If deconstruction on 27th AVE is done by 2020, or so, weather permitting, can they guarantee Main Hwy would be operational during their lifetimes?

May 19, 2015 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just think that your friend is a bit foolish if she complains about Sarnoff and turns around and votes for his wife. She should vote for anyone but his wife. Although, the better thing for her to do is to talk to neighbors who have signs up for other candidates, attend public meetings and make an informed decision.

May 20, 2015 10:49 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I called to ask for a new trash can as mine in in pieces and the 311 operator told me they are on back order (city of miami) since February. They will be given in the order requested if and when they ever come in. I e mailed Sarnoff and have gotten no response. I guess he doesn't need our support anymore. The only time I ever called to complain before was when my wheel went into an open storm drain hole. It ruined my tire His assistant told me too bad. If I was the first one to report it I was out of luck. Needless to say, I won't be voting for anyone with that name.

May 20, 2015 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 years of a Sarnoff is 9 years too long. Let's give someone else a chance.

May 21, 2015 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great example of why not everyone should vote.

May 22, 2015 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home