HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Arts Festivals

In spite of my complaints about the overpriced vendors at the Arts Festivals this past weekend, I have to admit that it's one of my favorite times of the year. The Village turns into one big party for three days, it's sort of a mini Mardi Gras or Fantasy Fest, in a way. The weather was perfect, too, all three days.

During the long weekend, there's so much going on in all corners of the Center Grove and you see people who you may have not seen for awhile. It's nice to see so much activity in town. I love all the energy.

I had breakfast one day at the Coconut Grove Gallery and Interiors on Bird Avenue, they also had a free shuttle service to and from the festivals where I continued to eat my way through the weekend. I was at the English tea room a lot. And I enjoyed the company I was with and the art, there really is something for everyone regarding the art with so many styles and artists. And you can't beat those glimpses of the bay, just a few feet away from it all.

One day I attended the festival with eight family members, another day, I was with four friends, another day I was with five people, a mixture of family and friends. It was really a lot of fun. I know so many people leave the Grove during the madness, but I don't live in the center of it so I love it all.

I had a couple of cousins drive down from Broward County just for the festival, I don't see them often and it was so nice to spend time with them. They found a couple of pieces that were images of where they live in Lighthouse Point. They loved that. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not compare Mardi gras and Fantasy Fest to the Horrible coconut grove arts festival.mg and ff are very well organized and free to attend.and a million times more fun to be at then then cgaf.

February 19, 2015 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't, there is nothing to compare. I'd much rather have a nice, clean art festival than being around a bunch of boozy, sleazy drunks.


February 19, 2015 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@7:25 pm, so then you go to the Lowe Arts Fest at UM?

February 20, 2015 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@7:25 I know your not talking about the cgaf

February 20, 2015 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't see a comparison between the kind of drinking at the CGAF and Fantasy Fest, your ironic statements aside.

February 21, 2015 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home