HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, January 08, 2015

We're up for a Blog Award

I found out from a tweet today that the Grapevine is nominated in the Sunshine Blog Awards. They received over 600 nominations and the top three in each category art part of the voting. Thank you to whomever nominated us. This is part of Forum 2015 and the Sunshine Blog Awards.

We are in category #7, the Best Community/Neighborhood Blog. We're up against a couple of blogs from out of the area - the Bungalower and TheDailyCity.

We would like your vote. I'm only going to ask it here and not keep repeating it, which is usually how these things are won. I am not familiar with any of the other blogs in any of the categories, they all look like they are mainly based in central Florida, so I'm not sure how we got in the running, but we are widely read, I told the story one time of a guy from Lichtenstein who stopped me on Lincoln Road one time to tell me he read the Grapevine daily and I know we are widely read by politicians in Tallahassee. I also know that we are still blocked on the City of Miami City Hall computers, a friend tried to access us the other day. A page comes up saying denied.

Interesting, our own city government believes in censorship. Sad. The ironic part is that those of us blogs who are blocked are actually getting more viewership just by the city telling people they can't read us. Great advertising. 

You can vote for the blog awards here: http://forum.gottagetblogging.com/?page_id=542

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captains Lodge said...

My family lived in Coconut Grove for almost a year from 2009 to 2010 when my husband was sent on assignment from Ireland to complete a project for the Miami office. During our stay, I discovered your blog and read it on a daily basis to find out what was going in the area. Since we returned to Ireland over 4 years ago, I continue to read the blog on a regular basis as it reminds me of all the good times we had there and keeps me up to date on changes happening in the area. When we moved to Miami, despite our realtor's advice to move to Coral Gables or Key Biscayne, we chose Coconut Grove for its wonderful leafy, villagy, laid-back vibe. My kids were only 3 and 4 at the time so I spent almost every day in Kennedy Park while our Friday and Saturday nights were spent at Greenstreet enjoying the atmosphere whilst our kids danced all night in the street with the various entertainers...happy memories.
I truly hope Coconut Grove doesn't lose that unique vibe. Congratulations on your nomination for your wonderful blog...votes have been cast from Navan, County Meath, Ireland

January 10, 2015 9:36 AM  
Anonymous James P. said...

Tom, I truly hope you win for the category you're nominated for; I've voted for you. I've lived in CG for 5 years and read your blog almost daily. I appreciate your efforts, which assist me in keeping up to date as to what is happening in our community. Best, -Jim

January 11, 2015 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home