HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Drinking The Grapevine

We're honored that the Bookstore in the Grove has come up with a new smoothie/shake named The Grapevine. Above, Andy is making one of the first tries at the drink, which goes good with the grilled cheese sandwich, which we used to clean our palates between tasting the shakes.

I was at the Bookstore for breakfast early Sunday morning, when Jason, the manager, came up to me to tell me that they had a new drink starting this week called, "The Grapevine," only so far, it was a name with no recipe. That's where I came in, he wanted me to come up with the drink.

I can barely boil water, let alone come up with a recipe for a smoothie or shake, but he said I had until Tuesday to do it, but right away I came up with something that I remembered from childhood. I wanted to keep "grape" as part of the recipe and I remembered that when we were kids, maybe 5, 6, or 7-years-old, my mother used to make us a chocolate shake for lunch and she would be a couple of scoops of Welch's Grape Jelly in the shake. I think she got the idea from a friend's mother who invited it. I guess we kids would be out playing all day and didn't want to stop for lunch, so once in awhile they would give us this for lunch. I don't remember having this since way back then, but it popped into my head.

So on Sunday morning, a few of us experimented at the Bookstore and came up with the right mixture. We did some research and development on the spot with customers in the store, the biggest complaint was that people couldn't taste the jelly or that that the drink was too sweet, but I think it's down to perfection now and it's now on the shake menu. They now offer shakes along with their fruit smoothies, the shakes are chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and The Grapevine. 


The shakes are $5, $6 and $7, depending on the size. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Blogger HectorinMiami said...

Dammit Tom! That actually sounds like something I'd try.

Is there a secret recipe??

Will any jelly do? Or does it have to be Welsh's?

January 22, 2015 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Bryan said...

The Bookstore = great. Dealing with Felicia's poor people skills as she hovers around perusing customers = not so great. Hang in the back Felicia, and PLEASE stay out of sight! Your unfriendly style costs you a LOT of biz when you chase people (especially people with kids) away; you chase us out of there so that we're forced to run home & buy the books online (for a lot less $).

January 23, 2015 10:06 AM  
Anonymous JB said...

I'm quite sure it leaves a very bitter aftertaste and is hard to swallow.

January 23, 2015 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Briant, you are so so right on with Felicia. I tried, really tried to do a straight forward, honest to gush business deal which she ignored, but, mistakenly did produce a nice profit no thanks to our agreement. She bitched, moaned and groaned for her share; forget it Felicia, truthfulness results in profits - - - - remember my sidewalk cafe tables? Jobie Steppe

January 23, 2015 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home