They want to add even more buildings to Grove Isle
The new 80 foot buildings would be on the east side of the island, where the hotel is now. The new buildings would make a semi-circle and wrap around the end of the island.
The developer has not received permission yet to move forward on any development on the island.
According to the Preserve Grove Isle Group:
1) In their Memorandum of Law, Weiss and Serota (Grove Isle Board’s lawyers) relied on the Settlement of 1977 to argue that Grove Isle is already fully developed. How does this argument interface with the new proposals before the City of Miami Planning Board?
2) The Developer previously proposed an 18 story tower to the City of Miami. Where does that proposal stand? Has it been withdrawn, disapproved or is it still pending?
3) The Developer modified the proposed 18 story tower to a 12 story tower. Where does that proposal stand? Has it been withdrawn, disapproved or is it still pending?
4) Where does the effort of the Developer to rezone part of his property to Miami 21 T6-8 now stand? (This would allow for the Tower). Has that been withdrawn, disapproved or is it still pending?
5) In the event of the Developer possibly gaining permission to build 80 ft high multi-story residential condos, can he later build upward on top of them if granted a rezoning or a variance? Given the high density of the proposed buildings, is this a ruse to encourage residents of Grove Isle to support an 80 ft high multi-story project with a view to turning it into a fully-fledged high tower at a later stage?
YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.