HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

An interesting way to pay the rent

There's a small business here in the Grove. And every time I am there, they give me my change in bills, without the coins. Yesterday my change due was $3.63 and they asked as usual, "Can we just give you the $3, we don't have any change?" And of course I agreed and let them keep the .63 and then I left a tip on top of that.

I think that if they get a 100 customers a day and keep all the change, they could make $63 a day, which is $1890 a month. Interesting business practice they have. If they do it one more time I won't go back. They have  bank right near them, they need to do what every other business owner does in the morning -- get rolls of coins!


How do they keep the books anyway with all that extra money floating around?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Weiser said...

That's ridiculous!
If THEY don't have change, they sould give you $4. back

November 19, 2014 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better yet, who they are so I can go in and straighten them out properly and legally - - - - this could be fun.

November 19, 2014 9:21 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I wonder if they are reporting the extra income to the IRS? .....hmmm

November 20, 2014 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a place on Lincoln Road round out my change by 75-cents to their advantage once. The waiter gave me so much attitude when I asked for proper change that I removed his included tip from the bill also. And haven't been back there since.

November 20, 2014 8:44 AM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

Funny I was just at a small taco shop in brickell yesterday, change was supposed to be $.24, the guy gave me the entire dollar back. So I left it as a tip.

November 20, 2014 9:22 AM  
Blogger Ron Jakubisin said...

It may not even find it's way into the business... sometimes waiters/clerks do that. It's theft and it occurs at so many places that I now have a dollar or so in change to pay the "cents" portion of the bill.

November 22, 2014 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home