HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, October 24, 2014

Guilty about Katz's

At Sunday's Seafood Festival, I heard my name called out. I started looking around and realized it was coming from a microphone.  It turned out to be my friend Ronnie Brooks, left, who plays drums for the group BG Ramblers; he was up on stage performing with the band.

Oddly enough, I had just been thinking about him, because I had just come from the Bookstore where they showed a picture of
 Katz's Deli in New York, on the slide show above the cafe bar. I was supposed to go with Ronnie to Katz's last week, as we were both in New York at the same time, but we never ended up going. And there he was, calling my name a few minutes later; he in person and the image of Katz's in the Bookstore, making me feel guilty about not going for our deli date.

I had been busy with family and I was at Comic Con a few of the days, so I ended up not contacting him. Here are a couple of my Comic Con posts in the Huffington Post. Here and here.


When we first were talking about being in New York at the same time, he said, "Let's get together when we're both in up north, we can go to go to Katz's maybe" And at first I was thinking he meant the play, "Cats," which I think is closed now. So I asked, "Cats? Is that still playing?" And he laughed and told me no, it was the deli he was talking about. Unfortunately we never ended up there.

Next time.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home