Share your mangoes with the homeless
I do remember a few years back that local businesses would put out their surplus of mangoes. They would have them on tables or wheelbarrows in front of their stores, people were welcome to help themselves, but as usual, others would drive up, grab the whole batch and drive on over to the next location, and so on. Now with Ania's project, the people who could use the food will receive it.
This is how it works:
1. DONORS: You have extra mangoes that you cannot wait to give away...
- Mangoes to Share can organize a pick up from the location of your choice.
- They will deliver your extra mangoes to the local organization (you won’t have to even leave your house!)
- Also, You can drop them off at your local organization (they will provide you with the list of possible locations) or drop them at their homebase located in the Roads Neighborhood near Brickell.
2. VOLUNTEERS: You don’t own any mangoes but you are ready to make a difference in your community (you can donate as much time as you like to help “spread Mangoes to Share” - no minimum time commitment required):
- You can help find mango tree owners ready to donate mangoes
- Spread the word on social media
- Give away flyers in your neighborhood
- Help pick up mangoes and deliver to participating locations
- Establish contacts with local community organizations interested in receiving mango donations
- as an incentive anyone who helps can get some free mangoes (quantity to be determined depending on the circumstances)
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
1) Please include your Name, Phone Number, Email Address, and your Location, and tell them whether you would like to be a Donor or a Volunteer (or both?)
2) They will get back to you within 24 hours, and depending on your desire, location and availability together determine how you can help.
So far, participating organizations include: Camillus House, The Chapman House and Miami Rescue Mission/Broward Outreach Center.
Keep up with Mangoes to Share on their Facebook page.
YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.