HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Meet Alyse Aquino; ready to tutor in the Grove

The summer is closing in on us and the new school year is approaching. This time of year is very exciting for children as well as parents; getting the kids out of the house and out of their hair. In all honesty it is a time for transition, going to bed earlier, waking up earlier, following rules and getting their thinking caps on. For some students that transition period really affects their first marking period grades and can set an uneasy tone for the remainder of the year. But, have no fear because there is a new tutor in town, fresh out of college and student teaching that can help diminish or even eliminate that first month struggle almost all returning students go through. The photo above shows Alyse tutoring in New Orleans at a summer literacy program.

My name is Alyse Aquino and I am originally from Upstate New York. I just recently graduated from Le Moyne College with a B.S. in Psychology and a concentration in educated grades 1-6. I decided to pack my car and move down to Miami in order to broaden my horizons and seek new opportunities. I am very excited about being part of the Coconut Grove community and plan to be an active member. That being said I would like to reach out, offer my services and use my four year degree to help the children of the community succeed in their academic lives. 

The education system is forever undergoing change and the new common core curriculum is spreading throughout the country. The assignments and homework that students will start bringing home as early as first and second grade will start to look different if it hasn’t already. This is also where I plan to be an asset to The Grove. I am well versed and recently tested on all the new methodology. I believe in keeping things manageable, stress and anxiety free in order to give my students the opportunity to succeed at their highest potential.  

I aspire to be “The Tutor in The Grove” and get to know all the great families that reside here. If anyone has any questions or concerns they can email me or give me a call. I am interested in working with all students regardless of academic level, disabilities or gifts.

By Alyse Aquino


Email: aquinoam@lemoyne.edu
Phone: 315-420-3182

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea to get a head-start on the school year

July 30, 2014 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea to get ahead of the school year

July 30, 2014 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important effort [ in my opinion ] a human can make is to ensure that ALL children are protected, educated and humanized to care for their fellow human being's, all animals & our environment; think about it, raising all children who care, think clearly and have an awareness of FUTURE. Much like those folks above who plant trees, i.e., [ provide clean oxygen and remove some pollutants. Good luck. Jobie Steppe

July 31, 2014 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home