HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nasty comments

I lost an advertiser due to nasty comments left by readers. I'm not going to let that happen anymore. It's interesting to note that over the years, I've always gotten into trouble over the comments section, it's never been anything I've personally written.

So due to that fact, I am not just going to publish all comments, even if your name is attached. I had been letting anything go as long as your name, a real name, was attached, but now it's gotten out of hand. So I am going to pick and choose. It's either that or removing the comments, but I know that a lot of you tell me you prefer to read the comments than what I have to say in the stories, so I'll leave them there. But they will be few and far between.


I have many people who tell me to just drop the comments section, like I had for about two years, in the past. Readership actually went up during that time believe it or not. I like the comments because they do add to the story more than they don't, but I do get lots of nasty or stupid comments that I delete and they are never published. I mark them as spam and that IP address is recorded and the next time a person tries to leave a comment from the same computer, it automatically goes to spam without me seeing it.

So the new rule is, if you call someone out and it has nothing to do with the story, the comment won't be published, even if your name, address and social security number are attached to it. If you have a grudge against someone, you can take that up on your Facebook page or Twitter.  Not here.


Thanks.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

<< Home