HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Carlos Lopez-Cantera named State Lt. Governor

Congrats to our friend Carlos Lopez-Cantera, a fellow Grovite, who is now the Lieutenant Governor of Florida. I assume he'll be spending more time in Tallahassee now. I once asked him how he could spend so much time in Washington, especially in the winter, thinking that that's where State Reps. do their thing, but he reminded me that it was Tallahassee.

Carlos was our State Representative and then the property appraiser, I would joke with him about lowering my taxes and he would say to file a dispute, he was serious about it. He did get property taxes down. I never had to file a dispute, it just happened for all of us.

Governor Rick Scott announced Carlos' new position on Tuesday.

He's always been a nice guy and always humble and a great sense of humor. I remember a few years ago we were sitting next to each other at a Village Council meeting. We were both new to Twitter and at the same exact moment, he took a photo of me and tweeted it and I took a photo of him and tweeted it, but neither of us knew the other had done it until we saw it on twitter. Great minds?

I am sure he will be a great Lt. Governor, I wish him well.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous James Smith said...

Good news for this. I sure he will be a good example to all

January 15, 2014 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home