Barnacle hosting Washington's Birthday Regatta
|Classic Grove Look-alike Contest. Come dressed as your favorite 19th century Grovite|
The event runs from Thursday, February 21 through Sunday, February 24, 2013.
Thursday, February 21
• Reception and Dedication of the Marine Railway 5-7 pm. Free.
• Movie - Charlotte: A Wooden Boat Story. Documentary about the construction of a 50 foot gaff-rigged schooner at a Marine Railway in Martha’s Vineyard 7-9 pm. Free.
Friday, February 22
• Moonlight Concert with Three Sheets to the Wind. Gate opens at 6 pm. Music plays from 7-9 pm. $7 ages 6+; $3 ages 6-9; under 6 free.
Saturday, February 23
• Regatta. Open to all vessels of traditional design. $25 donation to enter. Registration starts at 10 am. Races start at noon
• Awards Ceremony and Chowder Party 5:30 pm. Free for registered sailors. $10 per additional non-sailing guest.
Sunday, February 24
• The Mail Run - a fun sail commemorating Munroe’s frequent trips to Fowey Rocks to pick up the “news packet” from passing schooners
• Classic Grove Look-alike Contest. Come dressed as your favorite 19th century Grovite
• The Old Time Dance. Gate opens at 6 pm. Music and dancing from 6:30-10 pm. $10 ages 10+; under 10 free.
These events are sponsored by The Barnacle Society, Inc., a volunteer non-profit, citizen-supported organization created to generate public awareness, education, and financial support for the preservation and maintenance of The Barnacle Historic State Park. The Barnacle, located at 3485 Main Hwy, is a Florida State Park administered by the Department of Environmental Protection. For additional information call 305-442-6866 or visit www.TheBarnacle.org.
FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS STORY ON YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing!