HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

They are hurting their own cause

Speaking of voting, The Obama election office opened on Saturday. I went over to cover the event, starting Sunday up until last night, (I have received about 14 emails from the local Obama campaign office. About six a day on Sunday and Monday and a couple on Tuesday, all different emails. It's annoying and illegal because I never signed up for these, I handed one person my card at the event as a courtesy so he knew why I was taking pictures and there is no unsubscribe link on the non-stop emails. You can't just put people on an email list without their permission and if you do, there legally has to be an unsubscribe button. I never signed their email list.

These guys at the event on Saturday were quite aggressive, too. Very rude, pushy and not very professional. They seem to be green college kids and it's very admirable that they are pushing the re-election campaign, but they need to back down a bit or they will turn off the very people they are trying to engage.

I had to call the organizer personally to get off their email list (which I am still not off) and I had to fight off a guy at the door at the event who would not take no for an answer when I was asked to sign up for volunteer positions and I said I wanted to think about it. Very unprofessional. I don't think Obama would approve.

By the way, when I voted yesterday in the local elections, I did not vote for any politicians that had my house called daily with robotic messages. None. And all those judges that spammed every empty lot and fence, I didn't vote for them either. Now let's see how long it takes for that litter to be taken down. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sledge said...

That's why it's always a good idea to stay away from that political CRAP.

I shop at CVS all the time, no way I would cross the street to deal with that pest, democrats or republicans, same shyt.

CI

August 15, 2012 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree same Zhit, Pepsi or Coke, paper or plastic, flip or flop

August 15, 2012 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama campaign supporters are by far the the pushiest most opinionated and least informed group of politicos in the last 50 years of presidential campaigns. The campaign seems to be run on anger, fear mongering and hatred of their opposition. They make the Republicans look like level headed centrists.

Michael Westen from Burn Notice needs to go over there and kick some over enthusiastic college butt.

August 15, 2012 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Grove Girl said...

Curious. I was at the same event and the only problem I had with it is that it was too crowded. No one was too aggressive, rude or unprofessional. It was just too crowded. The volunteers and staff seemed eager and enthusiastic. But there were too many people there which I suppose is a good thing.

August 16, 2012 10:28 AM  
Anonymous PoincianaPatty said...

Obama supporters convinced me to vote against him!

August 16, 2012 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home