HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Lots of social media going on

I've been blogging at the Tomversation.com comic site. It's usually about cartooning subjects, but I have written about other things, too. It's just a couple of weeks old, so there aren't many stories there yet. I'll post stories and photos from Comic Con and I'll write about marketing techniques that I've used to get visitors to the new site (sort of like this story is doing).

Today's entry is about how cartoons on the internet are very large in size, just like when they first started to be published in newspapers over 100 years ago.

It's called "What's Old is New Again"

It starts:

"I was reading the Ice Cubes comics blog and Bad, bad Leroy Brown, the cartoonist, was talking about the size of comic strips. His latest comic was done in the size that the old comics were done. He had to reduce it to 8% to fit in the allotted space online. Charles Schulz drew them about 17 to 20 inches, in width. At one point . . . continued here.

I also started a Tumblr page here (this has vintage comic strips and graphics and I'll post photos and things there and my Pinterest page is here.

Facebook here and Twitter here. Lots of social networking going on.


Reminds me of a recent New Yorker Cartoon where a guy with his laptop is lying on the couch and the wife comes in all upset, and he says to her, "Lazy? I've been social networking my ass off!!" You can see it at my Tumblr site, here, I just re-blogged it.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.