HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Let's start the Grove Pride campaign

I was approached by one of the movers and shakers of the Grove and asked to help him start a Grove Pride campaign, which involves picking up trash on the streets. You know, sort of like, "If you see it, pick it up!"

There is too much trash on the streets and sidewalks and while the BID crew does an excellent job of cleaning up, they can't be on top of everything, so maybe it could be our job to grab something and dump it if we see it.

If you see a paper cup, why not pick it up and throw it out? If you see a gum wrapper, why not? A few years back, my friend Harry wanted to start a campaign like this. He got me into the habit of picking up trash when I saw it and I still do it to this day. If I see a club flyer, I don't just walk past it, I pick it up and throw it into the nearest receptacle.

What was that old campaign they used to have in New York? No, not "You gotta be in it to win it," that's their lottery slogan. Oh yea, it was "Every litter bit helps!" That's it! Get it? Litter bit, little bit?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.