HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, January 27, 2012

David Collins proffers resignation as BID director

I got a call from David Collins. He proffered his resignation as BID director, but IT WAS NOT ACCEPTED YET by the BID board. The executive committee has the letter, but has not responded yet. He would like to say on and finish projects and let the replacement process happen organically.

David told me that he wishes to complete the BID's street scape and trees project and also have something finally done in the way of restoration of the Coconut Grove Playhouse.

He handed in his resignation to Comm. Marc Sarnoff a couple of days ago. I have this long diatribe I am publishing next week on all that is wrong with the BID, but David was not on my list.

According to sources, there will be a nationwide search for a replacement, but between you and me, that is just going through the motions and they will probably hire someone from within Sarnoff's inner circle after the charade of an RFP goes forward. Let's see what happens. But I am also told by other sources that David isn't going anywhere. They will not accept his resignation. Let's see how this plays out. As the Grove Turns . . .

The ineptness of the BID is more than the BID director. As stores fall like dominoes up and down the streets, the BID goes on as if nothing is wrong. They were literally counting bricks the other day at a BID meeting, preparing for their street scape project. It's more important for them to replace the sidewalks (and trees) than to deal with the non-stop departure of longtime tenants. Rumor is that Johnny Rockets is next to go, next month.

David and I have our disagreements, which are almost daily, but we are friends and get along fine. I do hold back stories so as not to hurt his feelings at times. I write about everyone else in town, but they seem to brush it off, David doesn't. But he is friendly enough with me to come up and tell me to my face. So I always respect that. And his door is always open to me, but I do creep around his office when I write something I know he might not care for.

Al Crespo broke the story, as he does with most of this type stuff, so I'll hand over the story from here to Al, where you can read David's resignation letter and more at the
Crespo-Gram Report.

Photo courtesy Al Crespo

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Blogger David McBurnett said...

More will be revealed...I hope...

January 27, 2012 4:35 PM  
Blogger Gailen said...

I am picking out what I am going to wear to the farewell party

January 28, 2012 3:13 PM  
Blogger oneearsociety said...

Do you suppose they could find the kindness to get me the money they have owed me for over 3 years now. Never got a response to my initial invoice and when 8 mo. passed I asked David what happened. He said they did not have the $$. They owe me $350 for the Christmas Cottages. That is just for my labor not for the use of the gallery to house and save keep the items. As it was part of the budget when the BID made the commitment what happened to that money?
AnnaMaria Windisch-Hunt
They can hand you the check Tom and I know I will get it.
ps should I ask for interest on that?

January 31, 2012 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home