HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

An unsavory scene welcomes tourists to the Grove

I saw an unsavory site the other night. I have been told about the homeless guys harassing people on McFarlane Road, near the pizza place, but my motto has always been "live and let live" and but now I think something needs to be done.

It was about 6:45 pm, I was walking to the Sailing Club for a meeting and as I passed that old creaky tree, next to the pizza place, I witnessed some unruly guys harassing the tourists. They were asking for money and hooting at the ladies, who were walking into the Center Grove to eat, shop and whatever.

One of the tourists already "knew" one of the homeless guys and made a friendly comment which lead me to believe this guy had to deal with this daily routine on his walk to the Center of town.

This may be the first impression many get of the Grove and all of Miami for that matter. Tourists who are dropped off by cab or jitney at the Sonesta or Mutiny may first enter the village this way after unpacking. They set out to see the sites (many were in suits) and the first Grovites they see are these beggars, who are being a bit too familiar with them. Think about it.

I don't know what the solution is, they have a right to live, too. But they should have manners, as well.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.