HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Are businesses hording the free movie tickets?

movies1
We went to see Inception last night, the Leonardo DeCaprio movie, at Paragon Grove 13; didn't like it, didn't get it, but besides that, the movie theater was very crowded, so crowded that we couldn't get into the showing we wanted to, because it was sold out, so we had to go to a later show, which looked as if it sold out, too.

So it's great to see that the theater is finally catching on and people are going. One thing that concerns me about the movie tickets is that I eat out almost daily and I shop in the Grove almost daily, why am I never offered movie tickets as part of all the specials going on all over town?

I run into friends all the time who tell me they are always getting free movie tickets. I go out of my way to patronize the Grove businesses daily and no one ever offers me movie tickets although I see signs all over town offering tickets in return for spending money in establishments. Not that I'm a big movie-goer, but I wonder how many people are spending money in the Grove and not getting the tickets because they forget to ask or don't know to ask. Is this cheating people because they don't have a clue? The free tickets will bring people back, so I think it's important that people get the tickets when they earn them at local businesses.


movies2

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.