HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, September 21, 2009

Stephen Murray running for Village Council

We have asked the Village Council nominees to send us a little something about themselves and their vision and their reason for wanting to be elected to the Village Council. Here is the first:

"My name is Stephen Murray, and I’m running for Coconut Grove Village Council. In August 2008, I was elected as the Village West’s Precinct Committeeman for the Miami-Dade Democratic Party. Through my official capacity as the representative of 1300 voters, I have personally taken on numerous issues that affect the quality of life of those I serve. It has always been my passion to help others, and the role of committeeman has been an excellent platform in which to create small but significant positive changes in other people’s lives.

"The vision I have for the future of the Village Council is simple: real representation for every resident of Coconut Grove. My experience in dealing with all levels of local government would improve the Council’s ability to uphold the goals it was founded on. I will challenge the City of Miami on the issues that matter – taxation, the looming presence of the MPA in the Grove and its effect on local businesses, out of control City salaries, corruption, gentrification, and a lack of representation for the Village West. Now, more than ever, Coconut Grove needs a strong voice to help shape the future of our City, and I promise that if elected, that voice will be heard loud and clear.

"To follow my campaign and the work I'm doing in the West Grove, please visit http://www.stephenmurrayactivism.org/."

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good, Stephen. I like what you have to say about revitalizing Village West. Just let me know how I can help.

September 22, 2009 3:10 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

You are anonymous, how is Stephen supposed to get in touch with you? You really don't want to help, do you?

September 22, 2009 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, Anonymous is probably too embarrassed to post his name now! Stephen, I live in the grove and I have been reading Tom's blog on a regular basis. Of all of the bloggers who frequent the grapevine (and we have some colorful ones), you and Lili Dones always bring bring us down to earth and remind of us the facts, in a straight forward, no nonsense, non embellishment kind of way. Thanks! TC.

September 22, 2009 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grape, thanks for the post -- Anon revealed himself in an email this evening.

And TC, Thank you, I really appreciate it. :)

September 22, 2009 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No negative comments, I like it. Gets my vote.

September 23, 2009 3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen, regarding the Waterfront: as you know the Master Plan dating back to 2005 has been very slow, almost stagnant, with 5 theoretical phases, who knows when the actual work will start, could be another 5 years or more. The Grove is blessed with about 5 miles of Bayshore, potential Water Views. Most Cities don't have such unique privilege. Yet, if you notice, we can't see any water, all blocked by buildings or private property, South, Central and North Grove, except for very few spots (Seminole Ramp, basically). Your thoughts? Hopefully all the candidates can take a good look at this issue.I'd be more than happy to hand out responses I've received directly from City officials thus far, about this issue and others, such as Kennedy and Peacock parks.
Thanks, Carlos Iglesia

October 22, 2009 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos,

Please forward me all of the documentation you have so I can take a look at it. Appreciate it, Stephen

stephen@stephenmurrayactivism.org

October 22, 2009 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home