HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, June 22, 2009

Try the "Al Capone" Italian Beef sandwich at Chicago's Deli

About five people have tweeted, emailed or stopped me in the grocery store to ask me if the new Chicago's Deli (3162 Commodore Plaza) has the Italian Beef sandwich.

I didn't know what that was at first and someone actually sent me a YouTube video of it being made.

So I ended up back at Chicago's Deli, and I asked Manny, the owner if they had it. They do.

It's on the menu, called the "Al Capone" -- thinly sliced marinated roast beef served warm, topped with spicy peppers and dripping with the marinated sauce. Here's mine. I ate it outside under the canopies. It's only $8.00 and I don't think you'll finish the whole thing. I had to take half home with me.

I ran home right after eating actually, because I made such a mess, I had it all over my shirt and pants. It's now my new favorite thing at Chicago's Bakery and Deli.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Grove Patty said...

That looks so gross! But I'm sure it tastes better than it looks!

June 22, 2009 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Gifted said...

Tried it, the sauce was amazing, I had less peppers then pictured. Kinda wish it had more whole peppers to bring a bit more crunch since its virtually all meat.

June 22, 2009 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this place - Chicago all beef without the weather!

June 22, 2009 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went and had the Chicago Dog the other night...My wife, Rocio, was a little taken back by the sport peppers. I should have warned her. Anyway...Great place that meets with my South-siders approval. Next time I will try the Italian beef as pictured. smothered in Gardinera. Theirs is Hot, there is also a mild form that many people find more palatable. All flavorful and good...I will bring some mild back form Chicago when I visit the family in a couple of weeks. This is not the Greek type of Gardinera most people are used to in a dilute vinegar but Southern Italian in heavy Olive oil. Favorite among the Calabrese.

Len Scinto

June 22, 2009 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a commercial for antacid!

June 22, 2009 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO THEY DELIVER....IF NOT...THEY SHOULD !

June 22, 2009 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with naming stuff after notorious gangsters?
How about a nice bowl of Bernie Madoff Meatballs?

June 23, 2009 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody please go to Chicago's deli, they really have great sandwiches. They are a WAY better value than the Grove's other sandwich shops...

Simple, straightforward, good fresh bread, great meat!

July 01, 2009 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home