HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Interesting turn of events . . .

Last week I wrote a story about a certain restaurant going out of business. The same day, the owner contacted me and read me the riot act.

I honestly check all of my facts and sources and don't publish things here unless I know them to be true. Well, I felt foolish thinking I let this one slip by me and I published a letter sent in by the owner, word for word. I also offered him free advertising to make up for it. He declined.


In the interim, many local landlords and restaurant owners contacted me with some interesting facts, telling me I was right.

Well, it appears I was right.
This ad is running in Craigslist right now. I am not happy about any place going out of business, but I do like the fact that my credibility is restored. I saved the ad and if it is removed from Craigslist for any reason, I will post it on the Grapevine for posterity since it restores credibility to the Grapevine.

To make matters worse, the day I was sent the letter by the business owner, telling me that I was totally wrong about their going out of business, they were having their open house to sell everything in their self proclaimed "going out of business sale."

Oh, and to all the people who feel that I have the story regarding St. Stephen's wrong, stay tuned. You'll find that I don't say things or write things just for the sake of hearing myself talk.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Anokha's is closing. Ever since the move the food has been awful. The prices and service have been equally bad. GOOD RIDDANCE!

May 09, 2009 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dissapointed to see local, non-chain eatery of any kind close with the economy the way it is. By the way Grape, did you talk to the other owners of the place? Does Dave Collins know about when a business is truly on the outs or not? I think you should do a bit more digging than taking that guy Nick's word alone & posting it...

May 10, 2009 3:41 PM  
Blogger aCause4Concern said...

I think that location is cursed. Nothing survives there very long. Too bad - I hate walking past that place all empty and dark at night.

With nobody operating there it's just going to collect trash and beer bottles again.

May 11, 2009 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home