HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, March 30, 2009

Try the new Coconut Grove Grapevine sandwich

sandwich
I was walking to Focaccia for a sandwich and as I passed Johnny Rockets, I smelled bacon cooking. So I decided on a BLT, which I haven't had for years.

I walked into Focaccia and announced that I would like something with bacon, knowing that they don't have BLT's on the menu.

Monty Trainer and my friend Gigi were both there and ironically, they both have sandwiches named after them on the menu -- with bacon! So they each told me to order their respective sandwiches.

But both sandwiches had things I didn't want like provolone, ham, salami, etc. So I ordered a Monty's Icebox but I told them to hold everything except the bacon, lettuce and tomato and here you have it. The new Coconut Grove Grapevine sandwich (a BLT on a baguette).

They don't call it that, but I do. Let's see if it appears on the menu. It's my new favorite thing there.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love their baguettes but sometimes it is just too much bread; wish they had more choices of bread like a tomato basil, multi grain, etc but will try your BLT.

March 30, 2009 10:29 AM  
Anonymous now hear this said...

Judging by the picture, it looks like you have Foccacia going in one ear and out the other.

March 30, 2009 10:35 AM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

oh man i love that place. they made me a custom churrasco steak sandwich the other day. maybe i can get them to call it the Brian? though i'm not as well known around these parts as you grape ;-)

March 30, 2009 10:57 AM  
Blogger Pogonip said...

You reminded me of this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNukuYfrIM

March 30, 2009 1:09 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

That is why I did it. I was reminded of that scene at the moment I did it.

March 30, 2009 1:10 PM  
Anonymous that guy said...

Does anyone else think it looks like Tom's wearing a big gold hoop earing in his right ear?

Maybe it was just me glancing at this pic as I scrolled down. Good stuff none the less.

March 30, 2009 2:46 PM  
Anonymous sailfast said...

Hey Grape, great pic of you, but I see going thru your head is FCIA. I remember that stands for the famous Firestop Contractors Int. Assoc. Are you a honorary member of their assoc. also?

March 30, 2009 6:34 PM  
Anonymous sb1 said...

Took a date there for breakfast and had the eggs benedict. It was pretty good but I like the eggs benedict at George's in the Grove better (unfortunately they werent open yet on a Friday morning). She is not local and really liked the small cafe-like atmosphere of Focaccia though. She also really liked the Grove and could tell why I liked living here.

March 30, 2009 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home