HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, February 20, 2009

Lots of Grove restaurant news to report

havana
I was a busy boy today, I hit a couple of the new places in the Grove.

First, I had lunch at Havana Grove (3190 Commodore Plaza), they had sandwiches, pastelitos, coffee and things like that today but will have their full menu on Monday.

Above are some of the staff: Gladys, Mauricio, Ernesto and Julio.

koi
I brought a bunch of pastelitos back to Paul and the gang at the sunglasses kiosk, but before that, I popped into the new Koi Coconut Grove at 3480 Main Highway. Here are bartenders Michael and Aaron. I assume you'll all be stopping in to check the place out. When you do, please tell them Tom from the Grapevine said, "hi." I told them you would.

Koi is having a soft opening tonight, they will be serving dinner and drinks from 5 pm to 1 am. It's all sorts of new pan-Asian food, brought to you by the new chef who is from New Orleans, but actually apprenticed and worked in the Pacific Rim, where he learned all those tasty secrets.

On another restaurant note: Jacobs in the Grove on Commodore is now changing hands, details to come. Ironically, the space next door that was the gym was to become a Cuban restaurant, but too many city regulations kept that from happening.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

How much was the coffee?

February 21, 2009 8:10 AM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I don't know what type of coffee that was, my friend was drinking it. But I have the menu here: Cuban coffee is 1.25 (disappointing, since I thought they would match prices at Sergios and La Caretta), American Coffee is $1.50, why more, I don't know; Cortadito: $1.25, Cafe con Leche: $1.95, Capucinno: $1.95.

February 21, 2009 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home